R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - STS .28 pull-start engine
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2006, 04:56 AM
jfc_tech
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by matt1_74
Can anyone tell me what STS stands for?

I think it stands for, Sh%t to start, or Shameless to start!

I have just broken in my 2nd STS and I will not buy another! I prefer to pay a extra $50 and have a little less power, than to have no reliability when starting..... Ok now you going to tell me to release the glow plug, did that! or how about the old line dont just let the cord go, Was aware of this so I never. Infact some how the spring broke today whilst the car was running, or on the pull that fired it up. I went through 1x set of roto plate gears and 2x pull starts on 1st engine. Now the 2nd engine has been through 2x pull starts and onto 1st roto start. My friend who also just broke in his engine has also broke a string, replaced that to have the spring fail within 1ltr of fuel.

At $35.00NZ a pull start there is no way this engine is cheaper to buy and keep going than the other more expensive engine. My Bro's HPI K4.6 has just gone on and on, and as for pull start, his string has worn through a brass washer... No problems there.

So to sum up, great engine when going, but trying to get it going is just not worth the hassle.

If you guys had warranties on your starters I think you would either
A) Re-designed them to last better. or
B) Gone bankrupt trying to replace faulty parts.

I hope one day you fix this issue so I can once again enjoy a running STS

man, i wish Ryan of Racernine is here to answer this, this, whoever u are. i pity u, man.