R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2006, 11:30 PM
elusiver
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My car is box stock.. the only hop ups i've got are a front one-way and trf shocks... what i was looking for was the most bang for buck weight reducing options.

el

Originally Posted by Darkseid
With all this talk of 1600g, I figured since I had been running LiPo for so long that I had forgotten how much the car weighs with old school batteries. But having gone back and checked with regular 3700, pre-mounted Take-offs, a 4 color paint sceme body(more colors=more weight) and a personal transponder my car still only came out at 1534g fully loaded. So I'm not quite sure what hop ups people are adding to make it to 1600g.

I can understand if someone is running a brushless system, but other than that, I just don't understand how the car can make it to 1600g with Ti/alum screws, and composite graphite stuff all installed.

People need to let go of that alloy stuff. All those bulkheads, steering sets, hubs, suspension mounts, etc... may look cool. But if people are so worried about weight (why I don't know), then that stuff is only going to send them in the opposite direction of what they want to acheive.