R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Novak Stock Brushless
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2006, 09:55 AM
syndr0me
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nc-hopsing
Hmm, what I dont understand is, why is it that according to NOVAK that the 10.5 is ROAR approved (thats actually in the text for the Losi XXXT RTR w/brushless)? http://teamnovak.com/products/brushl...ess/index.html

And its described as equal to or slightly faster than a 27 turn stock motor. Why is that no one is using it then?
I use mine every week, and the guys that I race with tolerate it. But it's not fair. It's firmly between a stock and a 19T in terms of performance. It's similar, yes, but it's faster and has WAY more torque, so it gets up to speed much faster. I don't notice much different from stock on the straights, but it jumps out of the turns like a mod. The 4300 is a great motor, and a lot of fun to drive. I'd personally prefer to race these over stock or 19T.

The SS13.5 is intended to perform just like a brushed stock, with the intention of mixing the two in racing and pushing the issue of allowing brushless motors in stock club racing where they're needed the most by an average racer.

Now, instead of quoting some crap (and yes, it was crap) you found on some brushed motor forum, and instead of taking 15 sentences to tell us you're scared of change, give us a good argument against brushless that you came up with all by yourself.