R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Orion CRF Wasp Rev X-Dyno results
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2006, 04:35 PM
jtveten
Tech Master

My son and I both purchased the new Wasp and if we would've waited we would've made a different choice. The engine has great potential but is not suited for our cars. This engine requires the ability to gear way way down for tracks with under 215 foot straights, which are the majority of USA club tracks. The Kyosho, seems to be the only car that can get close with their gearing at present. TM said they will have the gearing issue rectfyied sometime in August.

Both engines are presently on the shelf waiting for new carbs. We broke the engines in using Josh Cyrul's break in process, with no problems, except my son's engine was a little more difficult to tune. Now I know why. We both ran two to three qualifieres till we couldn't keep them tuned. Seems the insulators were cracked and didn't exhibit any problems until the engine reached operating temp., Tried to over tighten the carb seat to seal better but that only lasted for 6 laps. Orion is aware of the cracked carb insulators and the leaky O ring seals. Quite a number are getting out of the factory with this problem. Once this happens, it's virtually impossible to pull the carb off. The part theat sucks is there are no parts support yet. I haven't heard if they have fixed these serious issues or if they are still shipping with same problems.