R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Novak Stock Brushless
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2006, 08:12 AM
syndr0me
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Novak Stock (13.5) Brushless

I know there's a Novak Brushless topic, but this seemed like it might be worth its own thread. If things go well, this motor could be a very big step in getting brushless motors accepted in club racing for classes other than mod.

Check it out: Novak SS13.5 Brushless Motor

"Team Novak has had many requests to come up with a brushless equivalent to a 27-turn stock brushed motor. After much field testing on dirt and tarmac (asphalt) with some of our team drivers, we have come up with a wind that gives nearly identical lap times as a stock brushed motor. The Super Sport 13.5 Stock Brushless Motor is the result of all this testing. It provides lap performance similar to a 27-turn racing stock brushed motor, but with the brushless advantage of minimal maintenance, long life and increased run-times — a definite plus for drivers who want to spend more time driving than wrenching."

Could this be the death rattle for brushed motors? Probably not today, but there's almost no way this isn't going to catch on with new racers, and clubs would be silly not to embrace something that reduces the barrier of entry into racing for new folks, and helps keep existing racers from burning out.

Last edited by syndr0me; 10-09-2006 at 01:52 PM.