R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2006 1/10 Fuel On Road Nationals. Info.
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2006, 02:32 PM
duneland
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kidDynomite
Ron, that's a pretty swift idea. So would the MWS count as our regional race? Or would it be a totally separate series?
I don't think it(the regionals) should be a series. We have ROAR regionals now. Just institute a nationals qual system for that race. I think the Regionals should be a ONE day event, unless turn-out for a particular venue or region would require 2 days to get it in.
The MWS takes up the whole season so that pretty much takes it out of the equation.
Scheduling would require that all the Regionals get completed early in the season, with Nat's culminating the season.
In most forms of competition, participation in the National championships must be earned in lower level events.
While growing up, I competed in Water Skiing tournaments. They used a combination of ratings & performance in the regionals as criteria for participation at the Nationals. For instance; expert rating & top 5 finish in a particular event (Jumping, slalom, or tricks), or Masters rating (highest rating at that time) and compete at regionals (finish order doesn't matter). Previous years winner was exempt from mandatory Regionals participation.
Ratings had to be earned by performing to a certain standard at sanctioned events. As a result of the rating/qualifying system, virtualy EVERYONE who skied in competition was a member of the sanctioning body (AWSA). Unsanctioned events were few & far between.
What percentage of RC racers do you suppose are members of ROAR?