R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ofna Hyper8 stingray
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2006, 07:07 PM
KK-racing
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rocket42
well wyldthing we will get you dialed by then. remember the setup i posted was a base setup. i ran it r/c pro west round 2 and finished second place after a flame out at the 18 min. mark. the track was run dry and developed a blue groove. so i took 1mm of shock pre load out of the car and tightened my droop screws 1/2 turn all the way around. car was hooked up. the track had a lot of tight turns and if i had to do it again i would have changed the ackerman location to the rear hole. so don't be afraid to adjust that setup to suit your track. but like you said its almost perfect and that means your only a couple of adjustments away.

norman2cycle there is a fix you can do to take play out of the rear hub carriers without buying alumn. drill out the rear hub carrier at each side of the hub carrier and screw in a grub screw to the hinge pin, that then presses the hub carrier tight against the insert and takes away all the play. the play actually developes in the hub carrier and not the insert but this will fix you right up for cheap.
Hi Rocket42

Noticed you & tex1 are both innovative & helpful guys. It would be great if you guys could post pics to show what you suggested as 'a pic paints a thousand words'. You know something are hard to explain in words or from words it is hard to visualize.

Hope to change my signature to 'Fast driver lives longer' soon, with tips from you great guys.