R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - brushless motors?
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2003, 10:30 AM
Evoracer
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Sorry Guys,
Didn't mean to send the thread so far off course.
Nightbreed....Calm down....I also understand and value Associated products...thats why I sell them. But I do get a little ticked when people dump on the Japanese companies. As a racer,I wish the pricing was a bit better.But I also understand why it's higher. Look at the basics....Associated makes no where near the number of kit choices, nor does it make many other products i.e. Plastic models,books,educational toys. Because many racers have taken the stand that a Tamiya could never be a WORLD CHAMPION level car, the pricing goes up because the buyer numbers are smaller but they put a hell of a lot of R&D into the cars. Regarding quality, I personally think it's great but maybe you don't. Your choice. I know a lot of guy's who aren't thrilled with Associated quality either.
Sorry again, I'll drop this with my last comment. I think we would all learn a lot more and have a healthier hobby if we stayed away from bashing manufacturers. i'm sure the poor Hobby shop owner down the street would stay in business a lot longer if his potential customers weren't reading comments about how badly this or that manufacturer sucks or how badly we HATE a philosophy. If you want to discuss this more...I suggest we start a new thread. Thanks for listening. Yours truly, Father Evo Tamiya. Please bow your heads and let us pray !!

Last edited by Evoracer; 01-07-2003 at 10:49 AM.