R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/8th Scale On-road
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2003, 11:03 AM
litespeed-dom
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: EVO5

Originally posted by CHUCKMANDO
Well a little good new at least. Put different pipe on the engine and a big improvement. Fuel not shooting out of the carb anymore. Had a friend help with the tuning. Ran a little. Seemed to have nice pickup. Haven't hit second yet. I tried a couple of times but thats when the engine would bog. I didn't make any other adjustments as it started to snow. Engine did stall a couple of times. To my not to well trained ear, it didn't sound bad at all. I did noticed when I stopped the car, the idle seemed noticeably higher than when I started. Of course I put 2 very small scratches on the chasis. Car handled pretty well, but not enough speed to really tell. Nickon piston bothers me. I think I may get a piston and sleeve. If the car hold tune, I may change them when I have to change the conrod. Am I being too cautious?
What kind of temp where you are at right now? If it's too cold, you might as well wait till Spring or Summer, trying to tune a motor in cold weather doesn't work, doesn't matter how hot a plug you use. If you normally run in the hotter weather, then wait and break-in/tune your motor when it's close to the same temp when you do race it. Like a said, tuning a motor in cold winter is a waste of time and energy.