R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TC4 Swerves
Thread: TC4 Swerves
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2006, 09:50 AM
The_Raptor
Tech Rookie

Default TC4 Swerves

OK, so I've decided to do a little racing, and bought a TC4 RTR. Before running it I replaced the tires/wheels with HPI X-Patterns (Radials front, Belted Radials rear) and put in an IPC Super Sport Digital ESC. When I drove it for the first time, it frequently jerked to the right.

So on inspection I found a damaged tie rod end (or ball cup I guess you call it). I replaced it, did a complete alignment with a Team Integy Setup Station. I didn't like the way the toe-in measuring worked on it, so afterwards I did the old fashioned way (rulers, lines, and a protractor like we did in the old days with real cars). But the problem is still there.

After a half-lap around the track, it jerks to the right. Not "tends toward the right", not "slips to the right". It goes straight, and then suddenly hops to the right. I double and triple checked the alignment. I checked the surface of the track. I started at a different spot on the track and it seems to happen after a about 10-15 seconds after I start moving. Then I thought it might be a weak signal from the radio at a certain distance, so I stood right in the middle of the track with no improvement. The stock wing was loose on one side, so I removed the whole wing (getting desperate at this point). Then I removed the whole body (stock TC4 RTR bodies are pretty crappy). All to no improvement.

So please hit me with your advice on what I did wrong to suck the fun out of a $235 car.