R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - KNOX Offroad Vic
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2006, 04:23 AM
Andrew Selvaggi
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

unfortunately the keilor park council has a 5 year plan to change every thing around! over past the footy fields are a few soccer fields and a part of the plan is to rearange them, which means that the footy fields have to be moved to basically where the off and on road tracks are. They want to move both tracks to 1 facility further into the sporting complex which puts us up near the basketball center.

One of the problems that we face is that the council wont let us put any perminate structure there, and when we finally get the materials and the man resources they speak of moving us with this 5 year plan.

When this does happen, and it sounds like it will be soon, it basically means that they have to get rid of both the on and off road tracks first, so that the footy fields can move over. The time from when they kick us out till we get some fresh land to mould into a track is uncertain but i think we will have a little while before there will be off road racing at keilor park again.

but when this does happen i hear it will leave us with a facility fenced off so that we dont have to worry about people with bikes and big gas cars wrecking the track, so it looks like we will have to play the waiting game which is really unfortunate, but i think in the end we will have a better racing facility than we've ever had.

I know its hard but pacients is key. Its been 2 years, but things are moving and we have a representative going to council meetings to make sure the we dont get shafted. Racing will return to Keilor and when it does Off road in VIC will be bigger and better than ever