R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Full Travel Stock Racers??
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2006, 05:52 AM
imprsme
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

I have no problem racing against ANY racer, Stk.,19T or mod. at any race. But here is my point on the companies that are, for a lack of better wording, holding drivers to stk. to make thier products look more appealing with XX number of titles is....

This year is a Worlds Year, think about all of the guys from the US that will be attending the Worlds. MOST are over the age of 25,right? Now Look at Matt Francis, he has come to the point where other intrest have become more important so he is retiring from "competitive" racing. How long is it going to be before the "Over 25" guys that are representing the RC industry now move on to other things or start to lose thier edge to the YOUNG MOD. GUNS OF OTHER COUNTRIES?

OK with that being said, if the RC industry and the manufactuers insist on leaving the YOUNG GUNS in stk and not allowing them to run mod. HOW ARE THEY EVER GOING TO BECOME COMPETITIVE IN MOD.?????? I don't care who you are there is a learning curve that is going to have to be overcome for them to be able to run with the BEST in mod. I know there are a few that have made the jump with ALOT of good results, but that isn't going to be true for all of them.

Someone posted that Nascar doesn't "MAKE THESE GUYS MOVE UP" you are right, but those guys got into Racing TO GET TO THE TOP, not just make it to trucks and go, screw it I can win here and I am putting food on my table.....I'll just stay here! This is where the incentives for 19t and mod. should come into play.