R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Jammin X1 - so close yet so far
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2006, 09:22 PM
Tabushi
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Damn im cursed on MT Class !!!

Guys, im starting to feel im cursed !! ...

Im right now in my country visiting my wife and doughter and sunday had the chance to race at the track i showed to you couple of weeks ago on video ( http://images.domino.org/d/62603-1/B...ersion+wma.wmv right click to save). I just had the chance to learn the track for 2 hours prior to the race. I raced MT and Buggy classes. 2x10 minutes qualify, 10 minutes lower mains, 20 minutes A-Main.

On buggies, im more than happy with the Jammin and STS .21T combo ... i ended racing the A-Main starting at 5th place and ended 2nd one lap behind the national champion ... so, not a lot to talk about it, just plain HAPPY (im the one on yellow shirt) :

On MT class, all wrong, first qualify was great, ended first and making best lap of the day , but on second qualify a guy hit me on the rears and broke a GPM plasting rod end (man i thought this things were unbreakable) ... my pitman changed it on 3 minutes and back on the track, the slipper was screaming like hell ... i wass full sliping, and the slipper metal parts were almost red on fire (very hot), i ended the qualify on last place but at least running.

Checked the slippers, were not glazed and the nut seems ok, i screwed inn previous changing the nut for a new one just in case, worked great "wheels on air" but once the truck put the tires on dirt, it slipped again. I didnt knew what to do so taking advance of the heat of the metal pads i just put a lot of CA glue on it in order to to glue metal pads + rubber pads + spur all together (i know, last thing to do guys !!) ... well it worked just GREAT, never felt my TNX pushing so hard on power ... on the A-Main i was just flying on the track, the actual national champ on MT Class is a friend with a TZ powered Revo and highly modified and we were just fighting tire by tire until "the curse" showed up ... just like a flash i was without a rear shock, entered to pits and my pitman yells that a plastic shock end broke ... he changed it with a lot of effort and i was back on track ... 7 inutes later, i lost a tire ... damn !! ... my pitman get the truck and asked me to go down the pilot tower ... the rear right wheel ended with a rounded hex and by the heat it melted and was almost impossible to get the wheel out ... i took a dremel and dremeled the wheel out ... a friend passed me another 40 series wheel/tire so i went back to the track just with 2 minutes to end the main ... so, 5th place for me ... guys im very very sad about this ... anyway ... for sure its time to go for 17mm hexes ... after this, no more 14mm for me ...

Thanks once again to Maxy's Fuel, Racernine.com and this time specially to posersave racing for a package of samples of their air filters they sent to me ... great products !!