R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo MR4TC-BD
Thread: Yokomo MR4TC-BD
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2006, 05:08 PM
caltech1
Tech Apprentice

BD WOES

Well ran the BD in 540 yesterday and couldn't get around right hand corners without the rear-end stepping out to the right. Thought I might have had a lose rear diff, checked that but this was not the culprit. I didn't have time to investigate properly at the track, as I was also running the Mighty Mini.
I continued racing but trailed the throttle through the corners which prevented the rear end from stepping out, however some corners still spun through 180. I ran in the final and managed to finish second one lap down.
At home, I pulled the front right hub off the car and watched as the dog bone from the universal fellout of the car. The universal pin had snapped and I had no drive to the front right. I have rebuilt the universal, however I think replacing the universal with the hardened front (FH-010), maybe the better option or get the TIR front CVD's.
At this stage I am undecided, which to purchase. Any constructive advice appreciated

James,
You fitted the speed racing aluminium knuckles to your BD. did you use the standard king pin bolts or can you use the SD 414 TA ( the titanium screws with spacer)? I recall that you moved the top camber arm to the middle hole on the C-hub.

Russ,
Still haven't run the LCG with the spool. I am running tonight, so will give it ago then.

Thanks

Cheers
Calvin.