R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ofna Hyper8 stingray
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2006, 11:29 AM
WYLDTHING

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Hey Rocket;
Yes, the rear camber link was in the "new" drilled location.
The only change that I hadn't made from your set-up was that I didn't have the front camber link in the inside hole. It was still in the outside because I just plain forgot to change it.
When you say going to lower hole, what are you referring to with that, and where?
The track is always very smooth, and developes a dry, sandy "fluff" on top in the later rounds of qualifying. It doesn't really blue groove much, and depending on the time available, it's usually swept and watered throughout the day. The track pics on the website (www.noveltyrc.com) aren't of this years layout yet, but you can get an idea at least of what it's like. It has several more jumps this year, and is a little more technical, but I wouldn't call it "tight". Most lanes at least 8 foot wide, and most are around 10. It's an above average size track for around here (130x90 foot).
I don't mind throwing the car into the turns at all, but I like to have the option of just driving it in if I want...lol. I haven't raced 1/8 buggy for a few years now, and honestly, I had forgot how hard you can drive them!! I come from more of a 2-wheel drive background, and it seems that the tuning from that stuff doesn't transfer over as much as I would like to the 4WD stuff.
I guess I like to have the car steer good enough to cut under someone in a corner if I want, or go in hard and throw it in, punch the throttle and powerslide/drift it through the corner if I want. I know, I want it all...lol, but I think the buggy is capable of it if I knew more about getting set-up the way I want, and that it needs to be.
Like I said in my previous post, it was still capable of running with any buggy on the track yesterday, and they were the top buggies on the market right now. So I know that if I can just get it to steer better, and stay as consistent and stable as it was, it will be the best buggy on the track....Thanks in advance!!!!

Brad