R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Jammin X1 - so close yet so far
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2006, 04:27 PM
RCRacing.com.au
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Smile Shock Boots

I use the shock boots from the first version of the X1-CR Prospec and they fit perfectly and are cheap.
They also last a long time as i have got a whole season out of a set and never got any dust in them either.
The only time you can have trouble is when people hack you and hit your shocks it can cause them to tear but I try to avoid that.
I also take the shocks off after every race meet to check them for tears and clean under them to make sure no dirt has got in just to be sure.
I would guess the Kyosho ones would be just as good or you could even use Mugen boots too.
This dust boot system that the Big Bore shocks come standard with is an old system for dust protection that they first used many years ago until they discovered the full boot set up.
I am also going to get some shock socks to cover the whole shock which you can get from A-Main Hobbies or Carolinas RC.
You might want to pull out your diffs once a month and check the oil too.
I have raced 2 meets with mine and did the rear diff yesterday and the oil was grey soup and half of it was gone.
I tried the fill to the brim trick so i'm curious to see how it goes this weekend.