R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - rubber touring tires??? JuNK???
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2006, 02:52 AM
burbs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default rubber touring tires??? JuNK???

Ive been reading alot lately that rubber tc tires seem to lose performance as you run them.. i see alot of guys selling one-2 run tires.. thats insane..
I thiunk it is time for tire companies to start making a better tire.. In oval racing we use rubber capped tires.. there made from the same rubber real nascar tires are made.. They last for months.. they actually get faster the more you run them.. i would say the last 20 or so runs the tires are super fast.. they seem to be the fastest when the belt starts to show..

Why cant a tc tire be made like this?? Im guessing it has alot to do with the instert..or lack there off.. with the oval tires the foam on the inside is tight to the tire.. we have diff colors for diff bites.. the tire is glued to the foam as well.. seems to me a tire being shot after one run is silly.. especially when new people have to come up with 40 bucks every two weeks for skins..

I ran my cap tires on a high banked 365 foot runlin4e asphalt track for over 3 months. and they were used tires from 04.. the klast few runs were about 3-5 seconds faster then the first runs..

I see BSR makes a touring car caped tire.. I have never seen anyone try them on outdoor tracks tho.. Has anyone tried them?? if so how were they...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	cap.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	146471