R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2006, 01:05 PM
HarKonnenD
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Anyone tried mtx4-mrx4 pivot balls on the R40? I've noticed HPI sorta..well not to make it sound bad, but "cheated" on the R40 a bit with the weak pivot balls. They say they are steel but I knocked tire sof my car before and or in the same spot...never broken an pivot ball. Therefore I opted for some from Mugen. They are a little longer, but the ball part are the same size and these are way stronger. I'll be using the integy steel swingshafts for the R40 as well since the stockers are made from the same material.

Looking at them ...not the best pic, but they are definately made of lil bits n pieces of metal. Forgot the proper term for it.

While at it I got the Mugen pins as well. The shop was out of the HPI ones. These I'll have to cut which is no big deal.

Here is a comparison. stock top mugen bottom

In the upper arm.

Here is the B4 and after shot from running on Sunday. The TR does have a really smooth powerband...but I'll still get passed around the track easily. A TZ is on the way.

I'm headin upto prospeed this sunday for the fathers day race. Hopefully I have enough spares since I'm buying the TZ modded soon this week.