R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - LiPo + Brushless + Future RC = ?
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2006, 11:31 AM
Hock
Tech Master

Brushless and lipo may be the wave of the future for the backyard basher but the manufactures of these things are slowly cutting there own wrists. There is not fun factor at home anymore. Nothing to do nothing to work on because the rtr is at the shop because the driver doesn't know how to fix it. Brushless is imposible to keep up with because you didn't buy a new rotor. The ones that do will find a way to zap them to make them stronger. PC guys will find a way to hack into and reprogram the variable frequncy drive input in the esc and disable the sensed part of the motor ( if anyone uses that anymore) to get more rpms out of them.

Now your highly tunable kit is a overpriced Radioshack car. whopppeee and guess what. for offroad and onroad there will be a new RTR kit for you to buy 6 months from now so you better list it on E-Bay to get the best price for yours before the rush.

Ther motor companies are going to discontinue motors at a quicker pace To change the classes so you have to buy something new. Think of it this way. Why cures the sickness and make a little, when you only need to treat it and make Millions.

can I run in this class with this motor? nope you have to run that motor. But they don't make that any more. Sorry about that. that's ok I be here in this class when you guys buy the new motor.

Think of all the variety choices for parts and hopups you will lose because they are left out. I don't think the battery matchers are all going to jump on the band wagon to build Lipo packs especially with as small of margin they make already.

Change without though is not good
Change for the sake of change is not good.

People tell me you should run brushless with us. it's cheaper it will one cost you 240.00 to run and if you want to run with lipos it will on cost 260.00 dollars more for the two packs and 300.00 for the new charger.
I may not be good at the new math but for that $800.00 I can buy a crap load of cells and brushes.