R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MTX-4
Thread: Mugen MTX-4
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2006, 08:19 PM
kidDynomite
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Adim_X
Are you guys having any problems with the large front bumper dragging on the track? I raced for the first time yesterday, and lost a lot of steering in my main. I am not a good driver yet and hit plenty of turn berms, and slowly bent my bumper to where it would drag on the track. My ride height was pretty low after the 30 min main, but I think the bumper still needs some work done it. Are there any aftermarket bumpers or any other mods. I think I need the bumper to protect my front end until I'm a better driver.
Adim, when I started out racing Kyosho's, I always used there wide front bumper that was actually for 1/10 Lola/Outlaw class. It's similar to the Mugen's but a bit wider and beefier. Since our old club parking lot was a bit on the low-traction side and had killer 2x4 barriers, it was the only way for me to go. It kept me in a lot of races. Being a newby, sometime you start of well, but there are times where the pressure just makes you baboon everything. Even then, the Kyosho plastic bumper does what you discribed and throws off handling. I would suggest trying the Parma uncut foam bumper. It's similar to the very hard foam Pdub bumpers. Just cut it to fit your body and sand it down. It should last you a while or till you get more experience and hit less things. Like Justin said, it's easier said then done.