R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - LRP Sphere/Neo-One 4 Star VS Novak GTB/Velociti 4.5
Old 06-12-2006, 08:10 PM
Marcos.J
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AngryAsian
Pat - i've heard more boo boo's about the LRP than the Novak for sure. But, do consider that you only ever hear bad reviews. And most likely they are in the minority.

From racing experience.. I've also heard from Jay and others who run around BRCC and TFTR that the QC2's are prone to blowing up..

Lots of ppl do say the LRP has better feel. BUt as you know, there are several drivers here who already run the GTB. Yet no-one has an LRP. Says something...

I've also got an LRP Pulsar and it does just fine... It's not new either..

There are many many stories of GTB's overheating - you do need to follow recommended gearing. Azimio will prob. relate stories of his GTB shutting down even following the correct gearing too...

Too bad you weren't around at MTHC during the day on friday. Jenz and i did some quick laps on track.. Wow.

Enough speed to blow past the 2 speed nitro's! By 1/2 straight they were caught... I was running very low gearing though. I would have liked to gear up a little even to add some acceleration. (The cyclone has a problem with spur size and the GTB. you just can't cram a big enough spur in there!)

JGC also managed to blow a GTB Cap.. but he did sell his LRP...

Best reason to buy a GTB of a sphere..

Novak CS is fantastic..
did you try the 110?