R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Improved Personal Transponder (i-PT)
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2006, 09:19 PM
Terry_S
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by veecee
Terry, any thoughts on selling new AMB transponders together with a iPT's as a package for people who don't currently have PT's??
Hi again Vincent, we have had a lot of people ask this question, and there is one way we could possibly do this which has been suggested before. If someone does a trade in and agrees to allow their number to also be used by somebody else (best if in another country where there's no chance of both people racing at the same time) then effectively they get an i-PT at a cheaper price, say USA/UK deal, USA price is $55 for a trade in ie $20 less than the normal $75 trade in price (see form here) They help each other and a person without a PT can then have one. I guess it would work if people agree to help each other.

Jason a lot of times the PT is not in a good condition, it may be damaged/broken, causing interference or as I just had a guy say his PT is working intermittently and he would like a new working i-PT. With these people they don't want their PT back as it's pretty much worthless.