R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Why are so many leaving the hobby?
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2006, 06:08 PM
Tsquare
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slcf1
I too have been reading the posts for more than a week. This is a great thread with many solid ideas and comparisons. I would like to add my thoughts. If you would like to know more about me and where I'm coming from please read below or visit: SLCF1

... A racing formula can work but it has to be a combination of motor, tire, and battery. Do some testing. Find some comparable solutions for these three and you'll find a successful formula. After 7 years of the best racing I've ever experienced I can promise to anyone the same results. It won't happen overnight but you'll find out who really shares your passion for racing real soon.

Don't quit... just make a formula for a type of racing that you can enjoy. Drive outside the box that the manufacturers and sanctioning bodies want you to fit into. Club racing is the future.

Ben Parker

Benzo
Dear Mr. Parker,

I wish I lived in Utah. You guys "get" what this sport can be if oragnized correctly ( if you ever have the desire to run for ROAR President, please let me know). I have always viewed RC racing as the low cost, safe alternative to real racing and the club you have oragnaized should be franchised across the country. I applaud what you and your peers have created and hope that some of your club members move into my city and show the rest of us how to organize a real RC Race club.

Good luck on you 2006 season, look forward to checking your website from time to time to see how the 2006 seasons ends. Good Luck.