R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Improved Personal Transponder (i-PT)
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2006, 01:55 PM
Terry_S
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T. Thomas
There is also other benifits to this for track owners.

1) can get multiple sets of different case colors for their hand out transponders(clone all 10 of the hand outs and have each set in a different case color)

2)don't have to worry about multiple clones of the same number being run at the same time for they will be hand outs and not personals and a lot cheaper

3)multiple tracks can use the same numbers(cloned hand outs)

Terry, something to think about would be purchasing hand out transponders from tracks that close and use those numbers in those hand outs for I-PTs without need of owning a PT for cloning. Or find say 10 tracks and see if they would all agree to having the same numbers on their handouts(take one set and clone sets for each track, and then use those that were not used(be roughly 100 or more) and sell those as new I-PTs without need of owning one prior, but for a slightly higher price,like say 10-15 more.
T. Thomas, there are a few possibilities like the ones you mention, some are workable and others are not, if several clubs were to co-operate then it would work out ok. Club handouts are not likely to be used outside of the club that owns them so there could be the chance to make use of their numbers. I can see that with handouts being more expensive, having on-going rechargeable battery replacement costs and being harder to buy (they don't appear to be on the AMB website) then clubs are more likely to find personals a more attractive option to buy into.