R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Improved Personal Transponder (i-PT)
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2006, 01:40 PM
Terry_S
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Terry_S
we take the precaution of having the owners name embedded inside the case it should discourage 2nd hand sales, but for those people that have both AMB PT's and i-PT's with their ID# it's down to them to not sell on their AMB PT, you are right it could cause problems but the chances are quite small. If there were ever two on the same ID at the same meeting and I was the race director I'd have to question the i-PT owner to find out why he/she sold their AMB PT on 2nd hand and caused a problem! The solution could be to enter them in different races and hope they're not in the same main/final, if by chance they were the AMB PT guy would have priority, sounds fair.
Hi ApexSpeed, I did answer this question earlier, the owners name along with the ID# is embedded inside the case. We do also require a signed declaration that the owner of the ID# will be the sole user of the ID before we supply any i-PT's to them. If they did sell their original AMB PT then they could end up in the situation I've described.