R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3.3 tmaxx
Thread: 3.3 tmaxx
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2006, 11:42 AM
Johnathan
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitroveins
guys i need some help here, i have got a friend of mine truck, tmaxx 3.3 and this truck hasnt got but about two gallons of fuel thru it and now it wont run worth crap. any suggestions would be helpful. but it has the trx 3.3 still on it and ive had no luck at all with those engines, two gallons max is all i could get out of one, and no im not a noob that dont know how to tune a motor before anyone says that. its just a traxxas thing. have put on new fuel line, checked for air leaks none. and it just wont run, it will start for a little while then just die and wont start back, i think the motor is shot. any suggestions?
check some of these things:

- check the rings on the carb.
- check for compresion by turning the flywheel, and seeing if it makes a poping noise, if it doesnt, the engine is dead.
- try another glow plug
- has it been sitting around for a while? let it idle for many minutes to de-gum the carb and such.
- take it to your lhs, and have them look at it.

i broke in my 2.5 engine poorly, and it only lived about 2 gallons. did you not break it in too well? and, did you ever run insanely lean, or at a brutal rpm? those sorts of things could have decreased its life. if it is just too much of a hassle, just use the traxxas planamajig and get a new 3.3 for like, 120$ if you trade in the shot engine.

good luck!

(by the way, fighting/arguing in a thread is very usless in helping a person...)