R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Orion CRF Wasp Rev X-Dyno results
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2006, 03:06 PM
Rody
Tech Fanatic

I dont have one of these engines but i commend Team Orion on their decision to think outside the square. Time will tell how good it is. I have learnt not to bash engines before i have tried and tested them. I was the biggest sceptic of the OS 12TZ engine, despite it being conventional in it's design, and thought that all the talk was hype. After i tried it, i thought it was great!

At the track i race at, there are a couple of guys who run Palmaris engines. These guys can never seem to finish a race due to engine troubles. Why??? Because these guys only know clockwise with a tuning screwdriver!!! They run them so lean that they start bogging 3/4 of the way down the straight. Is this Eduards/Palmaris fault? No. Look at the results Ed's drivers are achieving. What im basically trying to say is that dont judje something so easily and quickly and not take into consideration end user error. You dont need to be a world champion to buy one of these or a JP, you can be one day old in the sport with $350 odd bucks to spend on your first engine!