Old 06-04-2006, 12:33 AM
strain Fiend
Tech Initiate

Default 1/10th scale touring car racing in ft. lauderdale

heres my factory team tc4, recently got into on road touring this is my first car. I have installed a GTB, 6.5 R velocite motor(10 turn single v2 revolution optional), kopropo digital servo, futaba 3pj radio system.Im running Peak Racing's 4300's and some cheap 3700's with decent numbers, mounted is a slick FX custom paint job. Love the acceleration on the tc(72 spur/22 pinion). has great over all speed, the handlings a bit stiff and sometimes traction is hard to dial in...i was told to take off the chassis brces(the aluminum posts) to achieve better flex and over all traction is this true??

upgrades ill be getting in future: ITF chassis upgrade,newer radio(obviously since my radio is 10 yrs old), battery screws, front one way axle, vcs2 shock upgrades( no one has them in stock in my area), a few packs of lipos(why not were dreaming!), and something more attainable is a 64 pitch pinion/spur set...

mostly racing on really hot florida asphalt with warm compound rubber slicks mounted on dish wheels, ive tried x patterns with medium inserts and they are too squirly, some of the HPI radials worked awesome with medium inserts and soft compound but wore out too fast...

im new to touring sedans so i dont know if i have a decent set up, i have a hudy tool possibly some one can give me a decent idea of a good setup?

heres some pix of my baby:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	tc4-slick Fx(fr).jpg
Views:	2479
Size:	172.5 KB
ID:	144269   Click image for larger version

Name:	tc4-slick Fx(rr).jpg
Views:	404
Size:	150.9 KB
ID:	144270   Click image for larger version

Name:	tc4-slick Fx.jpg
Views:	883