R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Corner
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2006, 12:42 AM
scott_g
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aus jd 2703
how hard is it to get a sponsor?
just im relatively new and the prices of tires and batteries is killer especially when u have to buy new tyres for winter.
i need 3 sets of tiers and there likt $55aus each i just dont have that soughta money cause i invested in a m11, it was a luxury but it helped my driving. next on my list was the novak smart tray to keep batteries in tip top order now i dont know whether to buy some new packs and tires or a hudy set up station?
would be nice if everything was cheaper
im only running 540 hate to see the cost of mod or open nitro tourer
aus_jd,

At the track you race at, I would happily run the same tyre/insert/rim combo all year round and would simply keep re-using inserts and rims. In 540 you should EASILY be able to run several race meetings on a set of tyres. Even in mod at that track we can run something like 15 runs on a set of tyres.

I think this has been suggested before, but I'll say it again. By far the best use of your money and time will be in practicing. You do not need a setup station. You do not need digitally controlled tyre warmers. You do not need heaps of new gear. What you need is track time, and careful thought about track time.

My sincere suggestion to you is to go to my website below and find and download the R/C Handbook. This handbook is not going to help you win a national title, but it is going to help you figure out how to get the car handling the way you want it to, how to best spend you hard earned and limited $$ and most of all how to have fun.

The best use of the combined brains on this thread will be if you post a setup sheet properly filled out (so people can see exactly what setup you are running) and then specific questions. EG, my setup is XXXXX and I want my car to turn in a little harder in long sweeping corners. The the good folks here can give you constructive advice.

Heavy is absolutely correct, this hobby can be as expensive as you want it to be. I would hate to see you give up because you think you have to spend thousands to be competitive. More than anything you need track time. When you get that your next major purchase would be to upgrade your car to the latest model (the EC) again so that the good and helpful folks here can give you more up to date advice.

Cheers, enjoy your racing. That's all that really matters.

Scott

ps I don't get to logan often but am happy to help out when I do. I am at hobbystation every second wednesday night so consider coming and racing there with us as well as sat nights at logan.