R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RS4 Evo problem-Add info
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2006, 09:40 AM
somegeek
Tech Rookie

Default RS4 Evo problem-Add info

I also noticed it will not roll more than an inch, it used to roll about 5 feet if you push it. If the clutch is damaged, will that make it stall when braking and slowing down, as well as when shifting to second?
Thanks for ANY HELP!!!

Original message:
Hi all,

I have the HPI RS4 Evo.
It stalls when cornering sometimes, and when going at high speed.
The manual says possible bad glow plug (I have tried another, dunno how often they have to be replaced, but they both seem to work), or air in fuel lines.
There IS air in the fuel lines AFTER it stalls, but dunno if that happens as a result of stopping. I would think you would see air in there after it stalls anyway.
I could be wrong, but it seems that if I run it in first gear, it will not stall, but if it shifts into second, it tries to stall.
I don't want to bring it to the hobby store I bought it at, because it will idle fine, this only happens when it is driving.
It is also very difficult to start SOMETIMES. When I prime the carb, with the prime button, it does not seem to push fuel trhough properly, like there is not enough pressure. If I loosen the BIG screw on the side of the carb, it will allow fuel to be pushed through, but it will not run properly like that.
The manual says this is a low speed needle adjustment, and says that it should be flush with the carb, that you should only turn in 1/2 turn clockwise to lean out! It does NOT say half turn from where though....
The other screws are supposed to be APPROX 2.5 turns out, but this one does not say where it started at from the factory.
Anyway, if you need more info, ask plz.
The car runs really fast, and strong when it runs, but I can not keepthe darn thing running for more than 2 mins at a time now.
I bought a temp gauge, i is not running hot.
Thanks for any help at all.
Geek