R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - MOTONICA 1/8 SCALE ONROAD ITALIAN CAR
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2006, 03:07 PM
retech
Tech Rookie

Default Motonica - not only good looks...!

Have You driven the 960?.. no?... then you can't give comments on that.....
Off course I can give comments on that. Even if I have not tested the 960. I base my experience on the fact that I have seen people go from Mugen to 960 - never beeing able to lap the same times as before. I have seen people changing from Mrx4 to 960 and back again...why? I have seen 960 drivers changing to Mrx4 - and immediately lap faster times.

But then again I know certain drivers are extremely fast with the 960 - I think you will see Mikael Franzon of Sweden will prove this during the EC in July. The same with others as well.

So what I mean is that Mrx4, 960 are all possible winning cars in the big races. My point is that so will Motonica be. I am just back from my second test of the car - I ran another 2 liters of fuel today, and I am more and more confident the car will be a real contender in the hands of a top driver.

I tested many different settings today and at the end of the day I was as fast as I ever been with the MRX4. This is the SECOND time I test the car. During 3 liter of fuel I have not experienced ANY mechanical brakedown so far. However to get the clutch effect I wanted I changed to Serpent yellow clutch (pad?) and Mugen spring (silver).

I started the test today with the standard black suspension springs that come with the set - but found the silver (harder) springs to work much better. I did a lot of different geometry set ups - but I have to to more testing to say anything more about the effects of the different settings - as todays grip improved a lot during the session. Anyway as I said - at the end of the session I was as fast as I ever were with the Mugen - so my point is that the car in my opinion has very big potential, and a possible contender to Mrx4 and 960 IF a top driver us running the car. Give it some time and the results will come.