R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo MR-4TC SD
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2006, 08:45 AM
Tsquare
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tpg racer
Hi guys I'm jz thinking about gettin a used yokomo car, may I noe wat are the good things about this car in terms of performance, durability and parts availability????

Also may I noe which part of the car usually breaks down after a hard crash???

I noe that this might be a silly question but I am really interested in getting a shaft driven car. So I would jz wana now wheter this car would suit me onot.
I have the CGM, which is the tubversion of the SD car. It is very durable. The weakest part on the car is the front lower arms. I would recommend which ever car you purchase get the Wide Front Bumper Yokomo Hop-up, this will help quite a bit if you have a tendency to hit the boards.

The cars perfomance is very good, easy to drive, but like any other car you will need to spend some time finding a setup that suits your driving style, but as you can see this is a very large thread, and you will have no problem finding a good starting point for chassis setups.

The nice part about Yokomo is they keep the main parts from series to series, so getting the needed replacement parts are seldom a problem, in addition, their is a wide aftermarket parts availability for Yokomo SD cars.

If you get one of the SD version cars you will not regret it. Good Luck.