R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC5
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2006, 08:50 PM
AM03GT
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RacingStorm
Sorry, no pictures of the new car but if you were carefull you could get a good look at it @ the Reedy Race. I hate to say it, but it looks a lot like the T2 in many respects (of course they are all starting to look similar). The motor is at the rear of the car, not mid chasis. The one thing I was really interested in seeing was how they re-engineered the steering rack but could not get close enough to figure out what they did. I hate the fact that I've got to throw a ton of washers at the current rack to ge the car to turn and hope they have done something about that. In the end, Drescher and Baker both won races in the invite class so the car has some chops even in its development stages.
"won some races"? ... if not for motor issues drescher would have another 1st for sure... and he was in second tracknig down first when he locked up a second time on day 1... he easily could have been in the running to repeat... the car is awesome... keep in mind like last year this is its first race out, and its not an upgraded car like the FT TC4 but a ground up redesign... the results are ridiculous considering these circumstances... anyone remember lemieux and cyruls "prototypes" from last year?... exactly.