Thread: ESC for Stock
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2006, 03:51 PM   #7
Joel Lagace
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

FYI: Getting your ass handed to you is rarely a result equipment unless you have a defective peice. In your case it sounds like the motor and possibly battereis. Does your class force the use of such low capacity batteries? IF so you better get on par with the fast guys and use the same batteries.

Dont take any offence: But is it a possiblity your driving could be to blame? I have seen it many times at my track where guys complain about speed or lack of it and many times they have the best of the best but are simply not driving well enough. The other thing i see go wrong for guys is there driving is good but there gearing is way off and can be off by 2 or 3 pinion teeth. This can really mess up your speed.

The silver can motors have very hard brushes and should be broken in. SEt your charger to 2 or 3 volts and run the motor in for 10 minutes. Make sure you lube the bushings first. Run a fan on it if you can.

PS: dont wast money on a dyno just buy a few motors. Althoug the APS dyno charge is cheap and is a great charger. I have 2 of them and i use the dyno to maintain my motors. With silver cans all you will be able to do is monitor the motors life and select your best motor that you own.
"Without Rules its just Backyard Bashing!"
Joel Lagace is offline   Reply With Quote