R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC5
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2006, 10:53 PM
BradR
Tech Apprentice

Default Late Response

Originally Posted by nomaak
For one, the BJ4 has a CRAZY high cost!
Some cars cost more, some cars cost less. I don't think any of the cars that cost less come with as much carbon fiber, machined aluminum components, titanium turnbuckles, threaded shocks with unobtanium shafts, MIP CVDs, carbide diff balls, sealed ABEC5 bearings, etc. Most competitive racers recognize the value of what you get in the BJ4 kit.

And two, it's just a hybrid of parts from "two guys' garage"
There is much more to the BJ4 than "just a hybrid of parts." You make it sound like anyone could build a one with a parts list. If you actually had a BJ4 parts list, you would realize how many parts were designed and are produced by JConcepts.

Also, think about the "two guys" that you are talking about. Jason has 15+ years RC experience, multiple World and National A-main finishes, and is a CAD expert. Over the years, Jason has both worked and raced for Associated, Pro-Line, and Losi. I have a degree in Mechanical Engineering and 20+ years RC experience. I am a former ROAR National Champion (4wd modified), plus too many state and regional championships to list here.

...production #'s are limited. (year long waiting list...remember?).
Production numbers are limited, but the waiting list is not a year long. Most of the people who have had to wait for such a long time signed up before the car was released. People started signing up for the Worlds Edition kit after the World Championships last August, but we didn't actually start selling kits until April. The cars at the World Championships were prototypes.

IMO...AE makes the best off-road cars in the world. They have the results to back it up.
I agree. That is why we designed the BJ4 based on Associated parts. As far as "results to back it up", I am very happy with what the BJ4 has accomplished. We started selling kits less than two years ago, and in that amount of time:

2005 IFMAR World Champion (TQ & win)
2006 Cactus Classic (TQ & win)
2005 Cactus Classic (TQ & win)
2005 Team Losi Off-Road Championships (TQ & win)
2005 ROAR Stock Nationals (TQ & win)
2004 ROAR Stock Nationals (TQ & win)
Plus many more!

not having an American 4WD to battle Losi is just plain STUPID!
Don't you really mean not having an Associated 4WD?