R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - First Nitro Tourer
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2006, 10:00 PM
sharkonwheels
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Good advice from AI.

Also, look at what you LHS stocks parts for. It's no fun, if you keep having to wait a week or 2 for a $2 part. Maybe consider buying 1-2 used here, or on eBay, as a new car price, might allow 2 used cars.

From your original post, you said "side exhaust format"
If you mean side-exhaust engine, that's not a good spec to choose from. If you meant side-exhaust car, well, they all are. Mostly left, Ofna CD-3, Kyosho FW's are right-side exhaust.

Plus, you never mentioned what you wanted to do: Parking lot racing, groomed track racing, etc... It is very important.

I'll give you MY opinions, from personal use:

Kyosho FW-05T/R/RR - T is a nice starter, but it's REALLY basic. Parts will probably be hard to find, unless you're REALY lucky and have an LHS that likes Kyosho. I have an 05T, and 2 RR's, and I love 'em, but parts are a real b!tch.

Associated NTC3 - Nice option, available in a few levels, alot of aftermarket support, used chassis' available, pretty fast out of the box.

MTX3/MTX4/705/710/V1 - these are all race-spec cars, and if you are parking-lot bashing, they are not the best choice.

There's alot of knowledge on here, and alot available for the asking - go ahead and ask.