R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI Micro RS4 vs. Kyosho Mini-Z
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2002, 11:18 AM
NightKidZ
Tech Regular

Just like to add some info to skibum989's post

A. The miniZ has fully proportional forward, reverse and steering, made by KO Propo no less. The Formula 1 version even has braking AND reverse.

B. They can be upgraded to the moon..... and you can fry the electronics if you use a Tamiya Plasma Dash motor without an external "turbo" (amplifier).

C. Nope, they dun use polycarbonate shells , its the HPI micro RS4s which uses Lexan (polycarbonate) shells. FYI, MiniZ uses styrene (sp) shells... and they are all very well detailed, esp the JGTC ones...no way you can get a Lexan shell to have details like that.

But sad to say, it is possible to smash them up in the heat of a race

The MiniZ and micro RS4 are really two different classes of cars.... the MiniZ can be run gymkana style in the living room.. while the micro really needs more space.

Originally posted by skibum989
Ahh........ I'd like to post a little bit in the Mini-z's defense b4 the poor thing's reputation is smashed to pieces!

A. It DOES have fully proportional controls - They are made by KO Propo - I don't see how you could fry one, I never have

B. They can be upgraded with faster motors, ball diffs, tires and other various hopups

C. The polycarbonate bodies only get smashed up if you drive like a total HACK.......

Believe me, they are fun cars.