R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RDLogics Mongoose
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2006, 08:38 PM
British Menace
Tech Elite

Default more

The reduction in front track helps the front to role a little more. With such a low front centre of gravity, the front doesn't role half as much as the rear. With such 'skewed role', some front end grip is lost. This is an attempt to get away from that situation.
If you run the spool, I would centre the castor. (2mm clips at rear) If you go with the one way, I would try going to 1mm clip at rear, giving a higher castor angle.

At the rear... there's no problem running 58mm. If you are going to get onto a high bite track, you may want to run an overdrive. Change the front/side pully from the stock 27 tooth to the 26 and run the rear tires 3mm larger than the front. With the smaller pully, the rollout will be the same. Then it will enable you to run the same ride hight but because of the larger tires, your role centre will be lower.
Run the top rear camber links-
Inner ... bottom hole.
Outer .. Top hole.

One thing.... I found by reducing the wheelbase by 2 - 2.5mm gives alot more rotation in the car. You may want to try this first. You may find you have enough front end grip and power steering after doing that without cutting down the front track.
Also, try to run the steering tie rods to the rear most hole in the front uprights. If you hit a good set up, the rear most hole gives you a better akermen and mid corner steering will be better.
Hope all this helps.
Tony