R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Can somebody please explain this to me?
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2006, 04:13 PM
sho .21
Tech Apprentice

Default Can somebody please explain this to me?

I go to a Christian school, and every Wednesday we have a chapel. Today in chapel, the pastor was talking about salvation. He brought up a very good point. He said that just believing in Jesus won't get you into Heaven. He said you also have to literally live your life for Him, and get rid of all the things in your life that are of this world, because if you don't, then you are not fully living your life for Jesus and that won't get you into Heaven. Whats got me so confused (and a little worried) over this, is that in John 11:25-26, it says "Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?' ". All it says you need to do in that verse to get to Heaven is just believe in Him. It says nothing about what the pastor said today. But, I got to thinking again. The demons believed in Him, and look what happened to them. Infact the pastor today even said that. Can somebody please explain all this to me? What do you really have to do? This has all got me somewhat worried.