R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho V-ONE RRR Evo
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2006, 10:52 AM
kidDynomite
Tech Fanatic

The spur gears seem to be made of the same gray carbon composite of the older RR Evo option parts. Remembering buying the parts, I was worried about them being lighter, but more fragile than the original plastic parts. I was wrong. The material is 10-20% lighter altogether: arms and bulk heads and super resiliant to hard crashes. Bought spares and haven't had to replace any parts. I've actually upgraded all my other Kcars (FW05RRs, Kawahara ZT1, Evo etc) with the option composites parts and have yet to break anything on any of them too.

The RRR Evo looks to be a great car for low-traction conditions. A little more flex in the top deck, lighter but more progressive springs (I've actually been using the same Evolva springs) and larger capacity shock bladders. You can bet that it will also come with a new duraluminum SP type chassis (3mm of course).

A little flex is always good for low to med. traction. Only use the stiffer chassis when traction is way high. You'll see/feel the difference either way.

asw, i'll try to snap the new pix for you soon. It is a great collectible.