R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho v-one rrr
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2006, 06:32 AM
rmdhawaii
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ziggy12345
I used GQ for some time and the rims are really strong. The shore rating is always off and harder than stated. Also they take at least 3 laps to warm up and will cool after 30 seconds so you are always going to be behind after the 1st lap of the final. As they come on they grip well and wear really well so you can make up time later.

Best for 30min or longer finals. Don't use for qualifying

Cheers
Thanks for the info. Good too know.

It will be interesting to see the difference in hardness between the New Arrows and the GQs. Maybe they'll be close.

The air temp is usually in the 80's and with summer coming, it could go into the low 90s. We're allowed 4 min practice/warm-up laps, so I'm thinking that might help a little. We fuel up about 1 minute before start and then make our way to the start line. If everyone lines up properly, we usually start within about 15-20 seconds.

litespeed-dom/Mike Ellis: Anything else I should know?

I usually run 37 fronts and 40 rears. I want to try 40s all the way around next race. 37s all the way around has a less steering than the 37/40 combo. The 37/40 combo allows me to drift when I want to without inducing any oversteer or bringing the back all the way around. I am running a one-way.

Thanks guys.