Thread: Team Losi JRXS
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2006, 03:43 PM
TheCoolCanFanMan
Tech Master

Originally Posted by J A M I N
CoolCanFanMan,

U got PM.

Hope you've dried out after sunday, my car is now a rust bucket!
Hi Ben
Yea got that, you now have PM

That was a real bad days racing , and say that very losley, as you know what I mean

This has been copied from another thread I had posted

Well what a day it was, at wet Bashley. Saturday was great fun and had the car on the pace but was all in vain along with the rest of us that was praticing.
I suppose it should of been called off after round 1, as the forcast was for the weather only to get worse through-out the day, that was why I did not go out in round one, as I was trying desparately to get my car waterproofed so as NOT to blow anything in my car (like a lot of other did) but unfortunately missed my race and was still trying to sort my car when I heard over the speaker (which you could hardly hear due to the fact of the rain hitting the canopy on the gazeebo) that I was being sumoned to marshall or I COULD lose my FTD, where upon I got to my marshall point. After my marshaling I went to race control and appologised for not being on the my point, and was told 'OK NO problem' (sorry but do not know the mans name with the glasses that was at the PC) I also did not go out for the 2nd round as it was raing harder than the 1st and saw NO point, this time I marshalled as I was sitting doing nothing and my car was ready to go for the 3rd (come hell or high water). So went out for the 3rd and had glitching all over the track, and found out that one of my cappicitors had come adrift when putting the motor in. So after roulnd 3, I had put 12 measely laps in, but at leased my waterproofing worked. Now to see where I was after round 3, to my astonishment I was last in the last final, surely this cant be right as I had put in more laps than a lot of others that had unfortunately blown speedo's and alike, when aproaching Barry, he told me that I had lost my FTD, when asking why, he told me that it was because that I had not been at my marshaling point and had missed the first 4 mins of it, but as I said to him NO one had the curtisy to tell me that I WAS definately going to lose my FTD, if that was the case then why would I have bothered to go out in round 3, in that terencial rain only to LOSE that 12 laps that I managed to put in, as if I hadnt gone out I still would of been bottom, apparently 10, people had the FTD's taken away due to the fact they did not marshall, surely that cant be right, as you would NOT get all those people doing it on purpose. It seems to me that again politics comes before the 'FUN FACTOR' and decided not to partake in the finals and went.
I do appreciate what goes into these meeting as I help run a club myself and am in the middle of using new track markers etc, ans know the time involved
Shame, as we all look forward and prep our cars for these meetings to be let down by one thing or another. Just my penny's worth
At least I can drop this round and hope we dont get any other rounds that are wet.
I felt for Ben rayment as he has only booked in for 6, rounds and as we all know is a very good driver and HAD to gain some points for this one, be it wet.
West (wet) London BTCC saw sense and called it off after round 2,

Cheers Malc The Cool-Can-Fan-Man