R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - lrp brushless esc
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2006, 08:18 PM
Marcos.J
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lookinco
I love my Sphere competition but I am having some problems with It.

I was running it with a Novak ss4300 motor and it runs fine. I run it with 27T and 19T motor and it runs fine.

Today I was running it with a Novak 4.5R motor. It would run fine except that every once in a while, the motor would stop and just die. I checked the motor and the speed control and they were only warm to the touch, so I don't think I was overheating the motor or the ESC. The weather was not hot either.

It seems like the ESC when into safety mode or something. Normally the LED would be RED when in neutral throttle. However, whenever it stops running, the LED would turn yellow. Also, everytime when the motor stops, all I had to do is turn off the ESC and turn it back on, then I could run it for another period of time.

What is wrong? Is the 4.5R too strong for the Sphere? It doesn't seem to be overheating. FYI, I was running the 4.5R with 22t pinion and 78t spur (48pitch). I was only running it at 60% top speed and my throttle curve was at -20%. I was trying to keep it slow with the 19T guys.

Any help?
I ran mine all weekend with the 4.5 with no problems at all