R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - US brands in SG??
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2002, 05:17 PM
phlim
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up Just my 2 cents worth here

Sakai: It is rather a matter of chicken and egg. At the moment, S'wan has a regular monthly shipment of Associated, so if you miss the last shipment you need to wait for the next and that's why, the wait could be either 3 to 6 weeks. S'wan do stock up well on Losi, so that is also a US brand. Business people do whatever that sells and won't do whatever that don't. We all know that Sg has a very small RC fraternity, so if you scale it that way, the amount of stuff is also supposedly small. Most people get by without much problems. Support from the local RC fraternity is also not very encouraging. With the web being so easily accessible, there are always people who don't like the LHS people and won't mind even paying SGD10 more for a mail order. The nett effect is that the LHS does not have enough volume and cannot continue to stock the items. Which brings the whole issue on a merry-go-round or chicken-and-egg situation.

Masami: Whether you are the real McCoy or not, it doesn't matter, but your English is surely too good to be Masami. He doesn't speak a word of English when I met him in 1990 at the Singapore 1990 iFMAR 1/12 WC. But like I said, it doesn't matter. But I sure like the picture you posted here. Malaysia and Singapore's distributorship of Yokomo is under the KL Subang Jaya shop. The Agent in Singapore doesn't own a shop. "Chi Long" sells Yokomo as a sub-agent at Bukit Merah - I got good services from him (purely personal opinion, you are free to differ, SO DON'T FLAME ME HERE )

ijnet: He would be the real McCoy if he can tell me what happened during the Round 1 and 2 of the 1990 iFMAR 1/12 WC in Singapore. If he is real, he won't ever forget that race.

Gravedigger: From the best of my knowledge, both HobbyBoon and the SimLim shop are also sub-agents like "Chi Long" for Yokomo. Similarly S'wan does stock some Yokomo too.

Paulc: Thanks for sharing the URL, I'll surely like to check that out.