R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2006 REEDY RACE
Thread: 2006 REEDY RACE
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2006, 07:30 AM
Leester
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
I think a lot of it is the fact that some guys can only afford one big race a year. For me, it's two. Vegas is one now and Reedy is the other. A lot of guys who can only do one have chosen Vegas. Plus this year, there's nothing to bitch about on here for the Reedy Race. Rules are clear and simple. No waiting list, no controversy (other than the Tamiya locals whining that they're not allowed on the track if they're in the race) so there's not as much talk going on. Personally, I can't wait for the race.
I can try to tell you why Reedy Is not as big as vegas

from what i've seen most of the guys who race in the reedy race are from warm weather climates such as the west coast and some the east coast. these guys have On Road Asphalt tracks that are open all year round and are not vurnable to changing weather climates. Which means they can race all year round without any waether problems besides rain but there are a few that will run out in the rain

In the midwest it's a much different story

IN midwestern states such as Wisconsin, Illinous, Minisota, we don't have the option of beautiful steady warm weather climates. It never seems to stay the same and the weather changes rapidly. And the biggest factor...................................... Snow! While the west coast plays and dominates in the winter we have to wait out big bad jack frost for the next 4-5 months. Heck.... WHO THE **** WANTS TO RUN THEIR $500+ TOURING CAR OUT IN A SNOWY PARKING LOT IN THE MIDDLE A A SNOW STORM IN JANUARY!?. In other words we ahve very limted time to practice on asphalt and there are very few asphalt racing series in the midwest and none in my home state of Wisconsin. Also we can't have an pernament asphalt track in Wisconsin because the first time it's shiney and new the next year it's got cracks and buldges in it due to the erosion left by the changeing cold climate.
That's why we ahve more carpet tracks in the Midwest because yo don't ahve to deal with the weather cause it's indoors. The midwest make up 40% of the nations population which means 40% have to sit out the race. with vegas, everyone in the midwest has a carpet track to race on and practice for because vegas is carpet and we Cheeseheads, Flatlanders, Lakers can practice all year round for that!

Also another factor is. the lottery! with the reedy race no one from the midwest wants to travel halfway accors the nation and then be told they can't race all becuase they didn't get picked. With Vegas all you have to do is get a hotel room and sign up! But i think without the waiting list it will be better but still we midwesterners still have mohter nature to deal with

I don't think that could be the reason but that's what i believe.

I rest my case

-Lee

Last edited by Leester; 05-13-2006 at 09:39 PM.