R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - VRC racing
Thread: VRC racing
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2006, 12:13 PM
bvoltz
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Yes, I do... It is great... It really helps you to improve you driving skills, provided you get the adaptor and use your radio. It is only on-road, and it is only nitro, 1:10 scale and 1:8 scale. Elec version, maybe you will see it in the next 1 to 2 years. I really does not matter if it is nitro or elec, if you turn off your speakers, when you have have elec.

You can get the software and 2 tracks for free, by just going to the web site http://www.virtualrc.com/downloads/freedownlstart.aspx and download the game...

The downside, it is a new simm, so expect some bugs, and do not expect a lot of customer service from them. However, there are a lot of us the check the boards daily and help each other out.... Remember you get what you pay for... and in this case, free really tells the story on the Customer Service side of it... Yes, you can purchase additional tracks, and also run events online, (they use a time trial format, because of the people around the world in different time zones). In the next major release 4.0, you should be able to race with up to 4 of your friends on the same track at the same time, over the internet, currently 1 people can race each other at the same time.

Personally it has helped me greatly... On a scale of 1 to 5, I give it a 3, (I really do not give 5s on anything) but growing with the all the enhancements they are working on.