R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Drift Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2006, 06:09 AM
Aries326
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Yeah, that's cool that those famous Japanese drifters come out to rc drift with you guys - and even drift with you guys in your 1:1!!!! AWESOME! Too bad your 1:1 drift track closed down. Lack of interested spectators or not enough interested drivers?

You must be pretty good at rc drifting if they've moved you to permanently judge.

Good luck with your Tokyo Drift event. You guys should PM airborneranger and see if he can get you in contact with Yokomo and get sponsored. Or PM that guy from Touge Knights who seems to have hookups with HPI.

Originally Posted by bdrift
yeah. our only track closed (on oahu) so now there is no drifting.......well. you know what i mean. anyways, that event you listed was fun. one of my cars is the pink evo. i let kawasaki drive it during the comps because his motor froze up. eric and i were the judges. i have been moved to judge alll the events nowadays, but couldn't resist competing at the maui even where i won both comps. hopefully we'll get a guest judge at the car show in august so i can compete again.

it is awesome when we get peeps from japan visit like ken maeda and bomber. bomber even came to autoX the next day and rode with me and put my real car in option2. i think april 06? issue in the hawaii blurb.

we are supposed to also be doing a demo at a mid size mall for 3 fast 3 furious tokyo drift later on. that should be fun. they said we can make the event as big as we want within reason. any sponsor wanna sponsor me and i'll run the car? we don't get the hookups like the GD'ers. or if any sponsors want to donate prizes for it, please contact drift session (dave shimokawa) as he is organizing it.

real drifting is fun. but with no track i am selling my drift car. 240 w/ sr, power fc, V-mount intercooler setup, 550 injectors, turbo(up in the air), quaife lsd, spot welded, full, full suspension and more crap than my rc cars.

b