R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2006, 10:36 PM
odpurple
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
THX. I am not running DSM so I have quite a bit of antenna to manage. I like the sound of the hollow antenna. Till I can try one, I figured I would just wrap the antenna around the FG shaft and then shrink in in place.

Another ? Is there any need to touch up my rear tires with my truer after each week of racing in 1/12? I am rotating all my tires side to side after each qual and main, just wasn't sure there was a need to check for coning on the rear tires as then turn on a common axle. I re-true my fronts after each week to remove any cone.
I've always been told not to coil the antenna wire around the roll over. I see lots of cars with this and it seems to work anyway, so I guess it's one of those theoretical no-no's. Unfortunately the Pro Stick is NLA, sorry I forgot to mention that. The SM hollow roll over is something to try, though.

You should try to maintain even tire diameter from side to side, even if you have to true them after every heat. This will depend on the track layout and your finger. Just check them every heat, front and rear.
If your front suspension is set right coning should be minimal; the rears don't really cone too much in my experience.