R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Trinity X Stock motor.
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2006, 09:58 AM
EAMotorsports
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nagatahawk
I disagree that the mere 1000 rpm will not matter in on road racing. especially if you have your set up and a free drive train. unfortunately I also race 4 cell oval. and that 1000 rpms will make a difference of .1 to .5 seconds per lap at a minimum. For intsance, last weekend i used to identical stock motors tuned by brood, one is 1000 rpm faster, with the slower one I am about 4th after lap 1, with the faster motor I was up the the front after 1 lap. All thing equal in on road it will probably make that much difference also.

and yes I will get one. I can use another 500 to 1000 rpm!! nice ploy by trinity to make more motor sales.

What is next, maybe trinity make make a tweakable 19turn fixed endbell. not for the racers of course, it's for all of us bashers.
It all depends on gearing. If you put in a motor that has 1000 more RPM then it will have less torque than the previous motor requiring you to go down in gear ratio...If you leave the same gear on both motors your going to overgear one OR undergear the other.

Ive been racing a LONG time and I can tell you that there is NO WAY that 1000 RPM is going to make a .5 second difference in lap times much less any difference at all!!

EA