R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - It Doesn't Add Up !!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2006, 03:28 PM
A_Stevens
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm still running my Evader ST. They're not bad. I've not had a problem with it, but mind you, it's the all plastic RTR one (that i got 2nd hand for $80), so this thing flexes so much it makes the leader of Fantastic Four look like concrete. The plus of this however, is i can run the Hacker system in it, bash it to buggery and still break things only very occasionally.
From what I've been told however, the graphite one will snap if you talk to it the wrong way.

If I were going to buy a truck again (which I probably will if i ever break this one), I'd go for the Losi. Partly because of parts support as well, seeing as all the LHS around me never seem to have any duratrax parts in stock, whilst the shelves are filled with Losi bits.

Also, if you're buying one new, compare the prices of the Evader RTR kit and the Losi XXX-T RTR V2. In Aus, there's a $50 difference in the kits, and after already running a Havok motor once that $50 difference is going to come from replacing that horrific motor after the first 5 or so runs. Plus, i love the JR radios. They're idiot proof!